Attached is a current Membership Listing. Please notify the secretary if there are any changes to be made.
The minutes from the January 8 meeting are attached. Our next meeting will be this Saturday, Feb. 12. Hope everyone can make it.
REGIONAL NATIONAL CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
PO Box 4221
Fayetteville, AR 72702
January 8, 2011
President Roger McClain called the meeting to order at 10:30.
The board observed a moment of silence in remembrance of Don Tyson.
Recited Pledge of Allegiance
Harold Crivello offered the prayer
- Beverly Swaim moved, 2nd Harold Crivello the approval of the minutes. Minutes approved.
- The Financial Statement was presented and approved for Oct, Nov, and Dec. Wesley Stites moved 2nd Jake Lamkins approval of the statements as presented. Motion passed.
- Welcome Ryan Reynolds with Military Past and Present on Campus to the board.
- Discussed properties to purchase and set a priority list. 1st – Lot #17, 2nd – Lot # 15, 3rd – Lot 19, 4th Lot 20-20A.
- Jake Lamkins reported our website has had 389 visits since September. He has updated the site and made it more user friendly.
- Election of officers. President Roger McClain and Secretary Peggy McClain expressed the desire to pass the leadership to new blood. The new officers elected are: Ron Butler - President, Roger McClain – Vice President, Lorna Sterrett – secretary and Harold Crivello – Treasurer.
- Open discussion of new fundraising ideas. President Ron Butler requested everyone be ready to discuss any ideas we can do around Memorial Day so that we will have 2 events per year.
- President Ron Butler requested a COE on the race. Wes Stites will create a sample letter for early fundraising to start the preparation for the 2011 race.
- Jake Lamkins moved we set November 12 for the 2011 race. Aubrey Shepherd 2nd. Motion passed. Wes will verify date is available.
- President Ron Butler suggested we participate in planning for Memorial Day program.
- Roger McClain reported Jim Rose III is working to get all attorneys who are veterans to contribute to RNCIC.
- Everyone please take a few minutes to write a letter to the editor regarding the cemetery. Bring copies of your letter to the next meeting. IF WE DON’T DO THIS, WE WILL BE IN THE SAME SHAPE NEXT YEAR.
- The VSO office is located on the County South Campus close to the jail. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the new location. They are there to help all veterans
- Memorial Day 2011 planning meeting will be held Saturday, October 16th at 10:00 a.m. at the AL.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
Lorna Sterrett, Secretary
NEXT MEETING Feb 12, 2011 10:30 a.m. at the Fayetteville American Legion Post 27