REGIONAL NATIONAL CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
PO Box 4221
Fayetteville, AR 72702
President Roger McClain called the meeting to order at 10:30.
Recited Pledge of Allegiance
Ron Butler offered the prayer
1. Beverly Swaim moved, 2nd Jake Lamkins the approval of the minutes with correction to number of hits to website 872 since opened. Minutes approved.
2. The Financial Statement was presented. Ron Butler moved 2nd Beverly Swaim approval of the statement as presented. Motion passed.
3. Discussed 5K run fundraiser. A vote was taken and it was decided to do the race again this year. Wes Stites volunteered he and Josh to coordinate the actual race. Roger McClain, Ron Butler and Aubrey Shepherd will head the fundraising. The date will be determined by Wes and he will design the materials for fundraising.
1. President McClain reported the VA is looking at purchasing 2.5-3 acres of the sale barn property.
2. Budd Saunders made the motion to buy lots 15 and 17 if the money is available. Jake Lamkins 2nd motion. Motion passed. Beverly Swaim will get the latest assessed value.
1. 936 Korea having last reunion (60 years) next weekend. Any money left will be donated to RNCIC.
2. Everyone please take a few minutes to write a letter to the editor regarding the cemetery. Bring copies of your letter to the next meeting. IF WE DON’T DO THIS, WE WILL BE IN THE SAME SHAPE NEXT YEAR.
3. The VSO office is located on the County South Campus close to the jail. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the new location. They are there to help all veterans
4. Home Depot and Lowe’s give 10% discount to veterans.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:20 a.m.
Peggy McClain, Secretary
NEXT MEETING Sept 11, 2010 10:30 a.m. at the Fayetteville American Legion Post 27