REGIONAL NATIONAL CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
PO Box 4221
Fayetteville, AR 72702
MINUTES of September meeting:
President Roger McClain called the meeting to order at 10:30.
Recited Pledge of Allegiance
Harold Crivello offered the prayer
1. Jake Lamkins moved, 2nd Beverly Swaim the approval of the minutes. Minutes approved.
2. The Financial Statement was presented. Ron Butler moved 2nd Budd Saunders approval of the statement as presented. Motion passed.
3. Beverly Swaim gave a summary report of the 936th meeting.
4. Discussed 5K run fundraiser. Date is set for Nov. 13th, ROTC will help with the race. The date has been posted on the racers websites, and the auto signup page will be up in 1 week. Wes has found a printer to do the brochures at a very reasonable cost. We are in need of goody bags and items to go in them. We are estimating 200-300 runners this year. We need help getting prizes and corporate contributions.
5. President McClain reported on 1st attempts to purchase 2 properties. Both offers were rejected with no counter offers. It was determined the President and Vice President should proceed with negotiations to obtain either one or both lots if funds allow. The Mahler property offers the best opportunity to purchase and donate 3 parcels instead of 2.
6. Jake Lamkins reported on the website visits and number of pages viewed.
1. No new business presented.
1. Everyone please take a few minutes to write a letter to the editor regarding the cemetery. Bring copies of your letter to the next meeting. IF WE DON’T DO THIS, WE WILL BE IN THE SAME SHAPE NEXT YEAR.
2. The VSO office is located on the County South Campus close to the jail. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the new location. They are there to help all veterans
The meeting was adjourned at 11:30 a.m.
Peggy McClain, Secretary
NEXT MEETING Oct 9, 2010 10:30 a.m. at the Fayetteville American Legion Post 27