REGIONAL NATIONAL CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
PO Box 4221
Fayetteville, AR 72702
President Roger McClain called the meeting to order at 10:30.
Recited Pledge of Allegiance
Ron Butler offered the prayer
1. Beverly Swaim moved, 2nd Ron Butler the approval of the minutes. Minutes approved.
2. In the treasurer’s absence, Lorna Sterrett presented the Financial Statement. Ron Butler moved 2nd Wes Sites approval of the statement as presented. Motion passed.
1. President McClain reported on the Veterans Commission meeting he attended earlier in the week. The idea to stop charging military veterans taxes was presented at the meeting.
2. Cliff Madewell of Madison County was welcomed to the meeting.
3. President McClain announced Al Newton, small businessman from Springdale, donated $1000 in honor of his father and charged other small businesses in the area to match his donation.
4. President McClain announced that starting in January 2011 you will be able to get “veteran” on your driver’s license.
5. Started discussion of 2010 5K run fundraiser. It was pointed out we need to be raising money now.
1. Everyone please take a few minutes to write a letter to the editor regarding the cemetery. Bring copies of your letter to the next meeting. IF WE DON’T DO THIS, WE WILL BE IN THE SAME SHAPE NEXT YEAR.
2. The VSO office is located on the County South Campus close to the jail. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the new location. They are there to help all veterans
3. Home Depot and Lowe’s give 10% discount to veterans.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m.
Peggy McClain, Secretary
NEXT MEETING July 10, 2010 10:30 a.m. at the Fayetteville American Legion Post 27